Friday, October 22, 2004

It seems it's always the crazy times...

So many thoughts flow through my mind as I think about how to start this post. Most of you know that I've been considering options other than Redeemer for school for a couple of months now, but things have heated up a bit in the past few weeks. Basically, I've decided that after this fall semester I will no longer be attending Redeemer University College, and because I can't immediately transfer into the program I want at college, I'll be working for 8 months. I'm hoping to stay in the area, but there are SO many changes coming that lately I feel like there is nowhere I belong anymore. Its just a bit stressful.

One really cool thing is seeing God open and close doors at just the right times to lead me. Walking by faith, and not sight has never been so real before. I'm also getting an inkling of what it feels like to not be so "comfortable" in where you are that you forget about where you are going. I'm understanding the concept of being a pilgrim on earth, and waiting for an eternal home. My longing to finally have a place to rest and belong to, isn't wrong, but putting that hope into this life is wrong. And I'm becoming more excited for heaven.

I'm leaving a lot of things, my dorm, (man..thats gonna be hard), my friends here, my choir, my involvements at RUC, this atmosphere and campus, as well as the classes and profs and staff that I've come to know and respect for their guidance. But I keep thinking that before I came here, I didn't know anyone, and the opportunities that I've found here will be replaced by different opportunities wherever I end up. Its another adventure, just like going to Europe, and working away from home in Ottawa for a month were. So even though I'm scared, I'm excited to see whats coming up next.

Prayer would be greatly appreciated...

And now..to try to enjoy my last two months here at Redeemer at the same time as I make plans for the months following. I'm gonna try to make the most of it baby.

5 comments:

lowercaseg said...

you will definitly be missed sarah! it will be so sad to not see you over on the other side of the alto section! but i will be praying for you for sure!

Dan said...

Sarah, your friends (in choir and out) will be very sad to see you go, myself included. Maybe I haven't read your blog carefully enough, but why did you reach this decision?

God bless you, Sarah. Make use of modern technology to keep in touch with the people you leave behind, while you find new friends in your new surroundings. We'll be praying for you!

Scatterfingers said...

I'll be praying for you.

On the other hand I object to the idea that there is no place for belonging on earth. Just so long as belonging on earth doesn't dim desire for glory.

Louis Dauphin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Louis Dauphin said...

Sarah, change can be a great thing. At times the choices that arise if one's life can be tough, but you already have your heart and mind in the right place. Keep trusting God and He will continue to show you which way to go. I pray that He blesses you anywhere you choose to go.