Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Good morning, beautiful world! There's something about
spring eh? Even though this years winter was so mild, having 10 degree sunny weather is such a mood lifter. I hate working inside right now!

Kev and I went home this past weekend to see the fam. and it was great - besides the trenches in the yard. Having serious flooding problems and then digging up the yard to put in a new drainage system was mucky and looks expensive. Props to my mother who is dealing excellently with having ten lbs of mud dragged in on two very energetic boys who think this backhoe digging up the yard is the best thing since sliced bread.

So I bet you're wondering why I posted this cross on my blog. I realized the other day, how quickly Easter is upon us. Easter is one of the most significant times of year for me - even more so because it was 3 years ago on Easter Sunday I was baptized. Talk about the significance of the death, burial and resurrection metaphor in baptism meaning a lot.

That wasn't really where I was going with this post, either. This morning I read the parable of the sower, all the parables that Jesus comes up with .. and he finishes with this to his disciples, "do you understand all of this?" b/c He was giving them the secrets of the kingdom and the mysteries that had been hidden! People, we are living in the after-times, after all of Jesus life and ministry has taken place. We have the full picture of the new kingdom... we need to understand what Jesus was doing more than those who were grasping in faith in Isreal, or struggling with the present in Jesus's time. We have the fullness of knowledge - much is going to be expected of us. We know what Jesus death and resurrection meant. For those of you who don't know what it meant personally - read Matthew. For those of us who do know - who have been transformed... live it. Not superficially, but deeply. Build the kingdom Jesus brought.

Okay.. so all of a sudden I realized that I really need to get to work. Enjoy the sunshine~

2 comments:

undoubtably_me said...

Yay! It's so wonderful to hear from you guys again! Missed the posts.
Isn't the weather just beautiful? I love it! Goodbye winter!

Take care, from us 2 to you 2.

C&J

Laurs said...

Hey there missy!
I'm glad you updated.. I like to read peep's bloggs..

I've been prayin for you.. hope things are lookin up for ya. I hope God completely fills your heart with his love and overflowing grace :) WOW man.. God's inCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

See ya next Monday .. woohoo.. I can drink COFFEEE and baileyS!!!
ox