Wednesday, May 24, 2006

recap

Apparently, I'm once again sick. I was hoping it would be more of a fluke "wow I feel crappy for 3 hours" type of sickness, but not to be. I haven't had a fever this bad since I was a kid. I've been freezing cold and unbearably hot off and on since yesterday afternoon. Add to that swollen glands, a head thats exploding with a headache, a lot of weakness and a queasy stomach... and I'm home.

This past weekend was amazing - I realized how much I've missed the parties that characterized so much of my first year at RUC . Saturday night here was hilarious, what with all of the food, laughs, soccer, fireworks, and pranks. Definitely a highlight was Nugs running the length of the park when the police showed up during the fireworks hijinks.

Sunday was good - Mom and Dad VH came over to see Kev for his birthday, and Jeremy and Sarah (from TBC) came over after the evening service, which included the Lords Supper. It's funny, Communion was postponed twice in a row at our church, the second time because they realized quite shortly before the service that they didn't have any cups! "Job opening!", as K would say.

Monday was another fantabulous day - a bit of catching up in the morning and then with the gang, which included Candice&Peter, Laurs, - wait that was it... we watched Over the Hedge ("lets call it Steve") and then met up with Gustopher for supper at Flirty McNerdys. Then we met up with even more people, which included Nick and Tamara, Sarah Van P, Scottie McScotterson, and Stiner with whom we watched fireworks in the Valley. Not to cut a good evening short at 10 - we headed out to Timmy's for some drinks and chat. Loverly time.

So that was that - good times had by all.

Life in general has been good lately too. I'm really beginning to settle into my new married existence and let me tell you, being married to Kev is awesome. As much as he can be an annoyinglifeisblackanwhiteopinionatedbugger, he's absolutely wonderful, trustworthy, and caring. The spontaneity, hilarity, and steadiness of life with him is just what I need. We both reflect often that we've been given such a blessing. Some of the time it seems like it's just life, other times it's more than you can put into words.

And that my friends is about if for now. I'm sorry I made you look at Nugs face for so long!

4 comments:

Laurs said...

Yaaaaa for updates! ONce you commented on my blogg I was like, "For shizzle she'll be writing on hers!" YEsss :)

Ciao.

undoubtably_me said...

Good thing we all think Nugs is cute, so we didn't mind too much.

And no, I did not just say that. I'm practically married myself! (I wish)

Feel better soon! You want me to bring you something on my way home today? :D

Jo

undoubtably_me said...

Good thing we all think Nugs is cute, so we didn't mind too much.

And no, I did not just say that. I'm practically married myself! (I wish)

Feel better soon! You want me to bring you something on my way home today? :D

Jo

jules said...

I'm not sure I can forgive you for making me look at that face so very often... on the other hand, this past weekend was amazing - thanks for including me! - (and not making me the center of any pranks...yet)

Hope you're feeling better soon... sounds like you've got the bug that's been going around, which means beware, that husband of yours is going to be feeling it as well... and you know how men cant handle illness.

ciao