Thursday, September 21, 2006

books, books and more books..


One book that has changed your life:


The inspired Word of God. Otherwise known as The Bible. Though I can't say "this book has changed me" just by itself. Reading the Bible opened my eyes to the God of the Bible, who gave me a new heart, and filled me with His Spirit. That has changed my life.


One book you have read more than once:


Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. As a kid, and still to this day, I find this book to be a great read, a great eye-opener to racial issues, and a sensitive and compelling story of a child's view of the world around them.


One book that you'd want on a deserted island:


Psalms. Is it fair that I grouped the Bible as book, and then took one of the books and separated it? I don't care really. I stick with my answer.


One book that made you laugh:


Two words. Robert Munsch.


One book that made you cry:


I don't really cry from books. Maybe something written by Karen Kingsbury? Just because her books tend to be emotionally rollercoasterish.


One book that you wish had been written:


Life and Living It - Sarah Van Hartingsveldt (maybe not that title, or that subject, but secretly I've always wanted to write a book..)


One book that you wish had never been written:


The Koran.


One book that you are currently reading:


Desiring God by John Piper. An amazing book. Highly recommended.


Five books that you have been meaning to read: (I couldn't pick JUST one.)


The Gagging of God - D.A. Carson

War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy

The Valley of Vision - a collection of Puritan prayers

Walden - David Thoreau

Sons of Encouragement (series) - Francine Rivers

1 comment:

julie said...

roll of thunder, hear my cry is an awesome book!!
one of my top ten for sure.

Also in the list is 'the paper bag princess' though. :)

Have fun camping this weekend... are you still planning on doing coffee next tuesday?