Saturday, October 07, 2006

give thanks

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend, everyone.

I am so thankful this year for being able to celebrate this time of year, and our great God who gives us all so much. I have much to be thankful for, much to celebrate, and much to praise Him for.

I wrote a "my be thankful" list about a year ago; I'm including some of it here.

My Be-Thankful List
I know the God of the universe; He's my Saviour, my Friend and my reason to hope.
This world is not my home.
Kevin Van Hartingsveldt. He's everything I want, and he wants me.
The giggle of Eric.
Talents in the area of singing, writing, and listening to others.
Two Mom's and two Dad's who are supportive, loving and who challenge me.
I have a great family; awesome sisters and brothers.
A church family and a place to enjoy great teaching and worship.
My health.
Supportive friends, who I can laugh and cry with.
Girls Bible Study.
Music: the soundtrack of my life.
Sunny days.
The ability to read, to see, to think.
Deep talks with my Rach.
Knowing that good times will come again.
The chance for further education.
A home, just for me and Kev.
The cozy feeling of being in bed and knowing I have 2 more hours to sleep.
That God has given me trials.
That I am alive.

No comments: