Wednesday, October 17, 2007

counting down

So I'm still here, at home, still pregnant, still smiling and still large. Did you catch the still smiling part? Although I'm getting definitely ready for this whole labour thing to just happen already, I'm still enjoying not being up 3, 4, 5 times a night and instead sleeping in till noon every once in awhile. I just never know when it's going to end.

If you're wondering when exactly I'm due, well ... so am I.

This is how the chips fell:

On my second ultrasound report they gave a duedate of: October 17th (that's today)
During my second ultrasound they verbally said it was: October 20th (that's Saturday)
My first ultrasound (the dating one) and the calculations they do based on your last time of the month and all that: October 24th (that's next Wednesday).

Pretty much the last half of my pregnancy I've been saying October 20th, 'cause it's right in the middle, however, my midwives have been going by the October 24th one, and because they are the ones that decide when to induce me, etc., I'm now not really considering myself there until October 24th, just to make it easier on my brain.

However, that all being said - I could really have this baby at any time. Ever since last Saturday early am, I've been having contractions off and on, which is good for my body, but a tad annoying to deal with mentally because it gets your hopes up. This week I've decided to just ignore them as much as possible (because they aren't usually THAT bad) and get on with my week until I can't ignore them any longer. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow and hopefully they give me some sort of idea of what's going on with my body. I'm not going to get my hopes up though, they tend to be rather vague about stuff like that - probably mostly just because they've realized that there really is no way to tell. Some women seem like they are going to have the baby tomorrow and end up pregnant for another week and a half. Others look like they are definitely going to be overdue, and go into labour that night.

So, the waiting continues. I keep reminding myself that even though it seems like it could be a long time until we meet this kid, in reality it's a really short time and even if I'm still blogging pregnant in 2 weeks, 2 weeks is a drop in the bucket of time.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!