Tuesday, October 09, 2007

the end of an era, the beginning of something new

Today was my first day home as a full time homemaker. It still hasn't hit me that I'm done working outside the home for a while. I have to admit, I wasn't as motivated as I'd hoped, and subsequently the dishes are all still all on the counter. However, I did finish my baby blanket and apply for EI benefits for the next year. That's fairly productive, right?

I've been thinking a lot lately about this change in my "status", from a "working professional" to "homemaker". When Kev took me out on Friday night to celebrate I told him that even though I truly valued the work I did at the CCAC and my other jobs, they never fulfilled the calling that I've always felt to be stay at home wife and mother. They were important, but they always paled in comparison to the thought of raising part of the next generation, being free to help Kev without time restrictions and having the freedom to be more involved in church and organizations that don't work around a 8:30-4:30 schedule. I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity, and thankful to Kev that he fully supports me in this, and won't ever make me feel undervalued because I'm not pulling in a bi-weekly income.

Not only that, but I'm really glad to be done working, because it was really getting taxing physically and mentally. My body is getting tired of lugging around these 30ish pounds that I've accumulated, and giving all it's best nutrients to the baby. Working fulltime was hard at the end, I'll say that. Mentally, the organization was frustrating to the extreme. Working through a large transitional time and dealing with incompetence and a lack of communication and not enough staff and no answers to your questions was not fun. I can honestly say that God taught me a lot of patience for others and how to work for Him and not dwell on the negative, but I'm glad I've been "delivered" from that period of life. :)

Anyways, I'm off to get supper ready. Hopefully with some more of this free time I have (at least for now) I'll post on here more often.

No comments: