Friday, November 23, 2007

reflections

So I'm 22 now. Feels young and old at the same time. In some ways, I wouldn't have imagined that I'd be where I am now a few years ago, but deep down, I think I always kind of knew that I would be married and a mom at a fairly young age. When I tried to think of what I wanted to do with my life, no job except being a homemaker and mom really popped out at me. I'm learning that this job is like no other; it's totally what you make of it. You can be challenged and stimulated through it, or you can just zone out. It's kind of like writing your own job description.

Jakob is one month today -- a completely different baby than one month ago. He's smiling, engaged in books, holding his head, loving bath time, learning to take naps on his own, mad when he wants something NOW!, frustrated when I put him on his tummy and he can't look around at the world, and absolutely adorable. He pouts now, and has real tears when he's sad or hurt. It's super hard to resist ... but I'm trying. He loves listening to Kev and I sing to him, and likes "dancing" with me when he's tired. We're pretty enthralled with him.
He weighs 9lbs 6 oz -- which is awesome weight gain for 4 weeks, so I know that he's getting enough to eat. But you could tell that from his cheeks anyways. :)

We're so thankful that he's healthy and vibrant and alert, I've been hearing of a number of babies/children lately that are really sick, or died because of rare diseases. I don't understand why we've been blessed with a healthy child, and they've been given a shorter time to enjoy their child. It doesn't make sense in any human oriented world view. Maybe that's why it's so hard to understand why there is evil in this world for so many people ... the answer doesn't make "human sense", so people discard it. It's frustrating and totally comforting to know that God's thoughts truly are way higher than ours.

So I'm not sure if you heard, but Dan and Laura really weren't married until about a month ago. I know, I was at their wedding too ... but apparently they didn't have all the appropriate paper work in order, so they've been living in sin all this time. ;) Congratulations on actually getting married guys.

And lastly, if you haven't heard yet ... December 1st @ 7:30pm is LivingWorship at Trinity Baptist Church in Burlington. Check out www.livingworship.ca for full details, and come out and sing Christmas stuff with us.

No comments: