Friday, October 10, 2008

thankfulness

So my second favourite holiday is here again. I love Thanksgiving for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the picture on the left. But I most of all love it because it always makes me stop and think about the life I have and how it's so rich with blessing.

So, in honour of this holiday and it's focus on thankfulness here is my "be thankful" list, 2008 verson.

I am thankful because ...

... I am a child of God, not because of anything I've done or deserved, but because God's grace has covered my sin with the blood of Jesus.

... I'm married to Kev. He still makes my heart skip, my brain work harder, and my life beautifully full.

... my (almost) one year old son -- Jakob is a ridiculously awesome gift from God. He brings joy, laughter, and child-like discovery into every day.

... of my dream job staying home with Jakob and making our home a haven for Kev.

... I'm surrounded by a big family close by and far away who I love.

... of friends who I've shared years, laughter, tears and many good times with.

... of music. Listening, singing, playing, worshiping, it's all amazing.

... of pumpkin pie with whipped cream, hot choco with whipped cream, oh yes, I love whip cream.

... of changing seasons, especially fall with it's crisp air and earthy colours.

... I get to cuddle with Jakob each night before bed.

... of Living Worship.

... I still get to do school and make my brain grow.

... I have a home and enough food.

... of a church family that is helping me grow.

... this December I get to sing Messiah again!

I could probably go on and on, but I'll spare you and just hope that this list inspires you to think about your life and blessings and thank God for what he's given you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: