Friday, May 22, 2009

life moves along

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and feeling like myself again. Oh the joy of nausea free days. I'm always amazed at how much I take good health for granted. I'm so excited to be able to eat without thinking through each bite, to be able to actually DO things without dragging myself around like a dead cat. I'm not sure that simile actually works, or maybe it's just entirely too accurate.

I heard the baby's heartbeat galloping along at about 160 bpm this week -- which was like music. I hadn't realized how much I had been awaiting that sound until I realized like it was the first time that there actually is a 3 inch child in there, fully formed and fully alive.

Jakob and I are enjoying these beautiful late spring days with the windows wide open and time outside. I don't envy you people who must go to work and sit in offices. I put sunscreen on Jakob for the first time yesterday when we went outside and he smelled like summer the rest of the day. I'm so looking forward to this summer with him. He gets to discover beaches, splashing in little pools, sand, long days and nights spent outside, and Kev and I get to discover it all over again with him.


Kev turned 24 this week -- all of a sudden we're well into our twenties and life is speeding up. Crazy. We went out for dinner to Paradiso's -- a Mediterranean restaurant downtown Burlington. We had lots of wonderful food and then walked it all off by the bay. Kev remarked that this was his favourite birthday that he could remember, but since he doesn't have memories of any other birthdays I didn't get overly excited. But in all seriousness, it was an absolutely fantastic night. I love dates that end up with you both in the same place at the end of the night.

Anyhow, Jakob has shut the door to his room and is quietly playing. This could be great news or mean that something of great proportions is taking place. I really should investigate.

Enjoy your weekend in the sun.

No comments: