Tuesday, September 07, 2010

updating

It was a good weekend. We went home to my parents (it's weird that after 7 years of living away from there that I still call that place "home") - the boys played and played, I don't even know what I did, and K helped my Dad with the deck and building a closet insert and other odd jobs. It was a transition weekend for my family as they prepared to send the three youngest off to private elementary and public high-school. A&H came down too and it was more good times hanging out with them. I got to see M a couple of times before she headed off to Windsor and inherited a whole bunch of her clothes that didn't make the cut. Yes. Gotta love new jeans, new shirts, new skirt, new purse, and a new dress for $0.

I really don't ever shop. I just wear my sister's cast-offs. And I gotta be honest, it feels pretty good that I can still fit into all their clothes after having two kids.

Saturday night we celebrated my Mom's birthday. She's 39 again... Dad BBQ'd steak, I made my apparently famous oven potatoes and a Greek salad. I'm a huge fan of the Greek salad and the derivatives thereof. Feta, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers and olives pretty much make any salad fantastic.

As I was putting J to bed after his crazy weekend, he was bouncing off the walls. So hyper. I finally got him to lie down in bed and he says to me "Mom, I can't stand it!". He makes me laugh on a daily basis.

I was thinking last night as I was drifting off to sleep that in our completely furnished, two story, three bedroom home that we have only bought five(!) pieces of furniture. A dresser, a shelf, a coffee & side table and our mattress. That's it. Everything else has been given as gifts to us. Three couches and a chair, two side tables, a coffee table, Jakob's six piece bedroom set, our crib and rocker, our five piece bedroom set, two desks, our table and four chairs, five shelving units and a TV stand, all of K's tool room furniture, a patio set, ... if I'm ever doubting that God provides for us, let me re-read this.

I only hope that we can be as generous to others as God has been to us through others. Anyway, my bebe is fussing as he clings to my leg so that's all for now. Enjoy your first week of un-official fall!

No comments: