Sunday, October 10, 2010

the annual thankful post

So many reasons and so easily forgotten. (In no particular order.)

I am thankful that my Dad's skin cancer is not the kind that spreads and that it looks like they've gotten it all.

I am thankful that I've gotten to meet my two little boys and that I get to be along every day for the adventure with them.

I am thankful for a house that is our home. For the way the sunlight pours in in the morning windows.

I am thankful that Jesus Christ has redeemed me from my sin, a future in hell and my broken humanity. He is amazing.

I am thankful that every night I slide into bed beside my best friend and my lover and every morning we wake up to live another day together.

I am thankful that my Thomson family was all in one room this Thanksgiving. (Drewbie, I missed you.)

I am thankful that God is not an ascetic and has given us amazing flavours and textures and colours and sounds.

I am thankful for having a Rock that remains un-moved when I'm overwhelmed.(Ps. 61)

I am thankful for friends that know me well and for friends who are getting to know me well.

I am thankful for the smile of my Aiden bear - he can light up a room and a moment with it.

I am thankful for Citizen Erased by Muse and Crucifixus by Lotti.

I am thankful for the privilege of being the one to teach Jakob about the gospel.

I am thankful for leaves playing in the wind and woodsmoke in the air.

I am thankful for a fast car. (Not that I'm using the potential, mind you, it's just fun knowing what you have available under the hood.)

I am thankful for freedom and peace.

I am thankful that this world is not my forever home.

I am thankful for fresh journals and a good pen.

I am thankful for Kev's work ethic and his ability to pretty much do or figure out anything.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: