Monday, October 18, 2010

on getting up early

So I've committed to getting up early in order to have time each day to spend with God, exercise and plan. I really want to do this. I've made multiple efforts on this front. I signed up for the FAM (Five AM) club at Girl Talk, made a commitment to Kev and my latest try ... doing the Maximize Your Mornings challenge at Inspired to Action. Now in case you're missing me here, all of these attempts have not been simultaneous. In fact, I've fallen off the wagon a lot of times. I think one week is the longest I've gone. This time I'm doing it with a friend of mine - accountability helps. Which is why I'm blogging about it.

So the alarm is getting set for 6:15. It is really cold and really dark and really generally awful at that time of morning. It feels like in-humane torture.  Especially when I know that I technically don't have to be up for another 1/2 hour to an hour. Who does that to themselves? But the times I have woken up I've loved being able to have focused time that sets the tone for my day. I try hard to not let my at home time just become wasted time and getting up early in the morning helps so much.

I'm trying something new tomorrow because waking up early  this morning did not happen. I'm going to have my mp3 player right beside the bed so that as soon as I wake up I'll put it on. Songs like I'm Alive by Audio Adrenaline and Viva la Vida by Coldplay. Songs that make me want to actually get out of my warm bed and workout. 

I'll try to post on here how it's going and if any of you want to join me on my crazy quest, I'll be more than happy to have you.

PS - I hear that the trick to getting up early is going to bed with enough time for about 7.5+ hours of sleep. That puts me at about 10:45 or 11. With a night-owl of a husband that should be really easy...

No comments: