Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Goodbye 2010. It's been a good year - a very good year.

At the beginning of the year we looked at a house that we thought we could only dream about and then God opened the doors so that we could buy it. It's been so perfect for our needs and fulfilled so many of our wants.

We celebrated with Anne & Hassan, Michelle & Jon and Bec & Drew as they tied the knot. That was awesome.

K&I had our 25th birthdays ... K feels old and I feel like I'm just hitting my stride.

Jakob went from a toddler to a pre-schooler. He has kept us quite entertained with his views on the world (Mom & Dad share a bed, Grampa & Gramma share a driveway) ... from the mouth of babes?!
Aiden had his first year - it has been so much fun and work to watch him grow and develop this past year. He remains snuggly and full of games.

I can't even express how full I am when I think about the privilege I have had to be a mom to my boys this year. It is exhausting, monotonous and thankless work at times. But it is worth it a million times over. Don't let anyone convince you that it's more important to give your kids "a good life" and that you need to work full-time away from home to give it to them. I know that there's extenuating circumstances that apply in some situations, but I daresay that the majority of women working away from home do so because they either prefer it to being at home or feel that they need to support an expected lifestyle. Okay, I'll stop my little rant. But seriously, you get only ONE chance to raise your children.

God was ridiculously faithful to us. The Spirit has totally kept His promise to reveal Christ through the Word to me. He has worked reconciliation in my family, provided health and through a variety of means has blessed us materially. I don't even know what to say. We don't deserve any of it. I like what C.J. Mahaney says when people ask him how he's doing ... he goes "better than I deserve". And it's true - I deserve a tormented and painful existence here and an exponentially worse one in eternity. I have neither and instead am blessed beyond what I can imagine.

Hello 2011.Whatever you hold, Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever. Awesome.

No comments: