Friday, March 25, 2011

snow and the kingdom

I will admit that the snow storm seriously dampened my spirits. I had packed up the boots and the snowpants, brought out the rainboots and spring jackets and started opening windows. And then it snowed, a lot. Awful heavy snow that gave me a back-ache after I shoveled. And it's spring! However, I was thinking about it this morning and I realized that even though it's discouraging when all you really want is to go outside in 13 degree weather again ... that I'm not that worried about it because I know it's really the tail end of the season. I'll go on record to say that I think this will be the last big dumping of the winter. Spring has come, the season has started and winter is beat ultimately.

Thinking that made me realize it's a bit like the kingdom of Christ. It's spring - Christ has inaugurated the kingdom of heaven, but it's not all here yet. Satan still has power, he still storms and evil still discourages us, but ultimately he's beat. He knows it. I know it. God accomplished it. I don't have to be discouraged when I see evil prevail because it's just a temporary situation. The kingdom is going to flood in one of these days and it's going to be awesome.

No comments: