Monday, October 03, 2011

fall decor

If you have known me for any extended period of time, or have read this blog for any length of time ... you know I love fall. I love the crisp air, the cool nights, the leaves dancing on the road, the food, the holidays, the memories, the way the boys noses get pink after playing outside. This year I made more of an effort to make the house more fall-like inside.
Basket of fresh apples. Simple and a good way to remind me to eat fruit!

A gift from a friend. Love the splash of colour.

An arrangement on top of the piano. I think I'll end up changing the picture to suit the season.

Gourds in a vase with branches arranged. I added a pie pumpkin that J and I will steal from the display one of these days and make into my favourite pie. Complete with whip cream, of course.

 Indian corn on the front door.

It's not much, but it gives me a little joy every time I look around. Happy October!

No comments: