Friday, November 11, 2011

the miserable funk

Some days just start off on the wrong foot. The trend actually begins the night before when you go to bed later than you had hoped and are already grumpy about that. Then you wake up very early because today just had to be the day that your husband had to be in an hour and half earlier than normal. Of course, because you are awake the children also get out of bed. So there you are, tired, miserable with all the busyness of a normal morning much earlier than normal. I stumbled downstairs this morning in exactly this situation and started preparing food for the guys. I was in that weird funk where you're miserable and enjoying it somewhat. God, having an amazing sense of humour, sent J into the situation who without cluing in to my state, started complimenting me on my pajamas. You have to realize that the pajamas I was wearing were probably in the top 10 outfits K hates. They are pretty awful - not attractive. J goes "those are my favourite pajamers Mom! the pants have flowers on them, and your shirt has stripes - which are really pretty" and on he goes. I was trying hard to keep looking mad but failed miserably and started laughing. Needless to say, I think that changed the direction of my day. And that my friends, is the end of the story.

No comments: