Tuesday, July 17, 2012

welcome to the world, Asher


I have three sons! If you had told me 10 years ago that at age 26 I'd have three beautiful boys, I don't think I would have believed it. Both my age and the fact that all three were boys would have surprised me. But I am so totally happy with how God has chosen to design our family. Boys are amazing and fun and unbelievably sweet. Oh, and time/energy sucking machines ... but I think that just might be due to the fact that they are children.

So yeah, three boys.

Asher Evan was born June 17, 2012 at 7:54 am after I woke up at 4am in labour. It was short, fast-moving and the easiest delivery I've had. He was born with meconium in the fluid, so a respiratory therapist had to be on hand to make sure he didn't have any in his lungs. This was the first time one of my boys wasn't put on me immediately after birth and Asher screamed ... actually more like shrieked  - while they were checking him over. They then put him on my chest and and as soon as his head touched me, he stopped screaming. His eyes opened and he calmed immediately. Our moment of meeting was beautiful - he remembered me and I love that.


He weighed 7lbs, 6 oz and was 22 inches long. He now weighs ~10 lbs, so he's gaining amazingly. He is a cuddler - loves to be held and interacted with (but mostly by me!) and so far is a decent sleeper. Naps every day make life a LOT easier.

I am so grateful to God for this gift of life he's blessed Kev and I with and am looking forward to getting to know Asher through the years ahead.


No comments: